I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition
- Form I-824 (PDF, 442 KB)
- Instructions for Form I-824 (PDF, 238 KB)
- Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (PDF, 229 KB)
Purpose of Form
To request further action on a previously approved application or petition.
Number of Pages
Form 7; Instructions 9.
12/23/16. No previous editions accepted. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the Form and Instructions.
Where to File
For applicants filing with USCIS:
- File this form with the correct USCIS Lockbox facility. Find filing addresses. Exception: If you are filing Form I-824 with another USCIS form, mail your Form I-824 according to the filing instructions of the other form.
- Read important filing tips, as well as additional information on fees and customer service, at Lockbox Filing Tips.
- Note: USCIS will not process Form I-824 if your petition or application is still pending or has been denied.
- This form cannot be used to verify the status of a pending petition or application.
- E-Notification: If you want to receive an e-mail and/or text message that a USCIS Lockbox facility has accepted your Form I-824, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and attach it to the first page of your application.
For applicants filing with CBP:
- File this form at a designated CBP land border port of entry or a CBP preclearance office listed at www.cbp.gov or mail to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Admissibility Review Office, at the address specified on that website.
Filing Tips for Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition
Complete all sections of the form. The form will be rejected if these fields are missing:
- Part 3 – Other Information
- Receipt Number (on Form I-797, Notice of Action)
Sign the form in Part 4, Item Number 6.a., Applicant’s Signature. The fillable version of Form I-824 now includes a “Don’t forget to sign!” message and an arrow pointing to the signature box as a reminder for when you print the completed form for mailing. If there is no signature in Part 4, USCIS will reject the form and return it for correction and re-filing.
To ensure your Form I-824 is accepted for processing:
- Fill out the form completely and accurately
- Sign the form
- Pay the correct filing fee of $465
This page can be found at https://www.uscis.gov/i-824