I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition
- Form I-824 (PDF, 427 KB)
- Instructions for Form I-824 (PDF, 250 KB)
- Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (PDF, 240 KB)
Purpose of Form
To request further action on a previously approved application or petition.
Number of Pages
Form 7; Instructions 9.
10/21/15. No previous editions accepted. (The edition date appears at the bottom of each page of the form and instructions.)
Where to File
For applicants filing with USCIS:
- File this form with the correct USCIS Lockbox facility. Find filing addresses. Exception: If you are filing Form I-824 with another USCIS form, mail your Form I-824 according to the filing instructions of the other form.
- Read important filing tips, as well as additional information on fees and customer service, at Lockbox Filing Tips.
- Note: USCIS will not process Form I-824 if your petition or application is still pending or has been denied.
- This form cannot be used to verify the status of a pending petition or application.
- E-Notification: If you want to receive an e-mail and/or text message that a USCIS Lockbox facility has accepted your Form I-824, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and attach it to the first page of your application.
For applicants filing with CBP:
- File this form at a designated CBP land border port of entry or a CBP preclearance office listed at www.cbp.gov or mail to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Admissibility Review Office, at the address specified on that website.
Additional Information for Completing Your Form:
If you submit Form I-824 on paper: Be sure to sign the form at Part 4, Item Number 6.a., Applicant’s Signature. The fillable version of Form I-824 now includes “Don’t forget to sign!” messages and an arrow pointing to the signature box as reminders for when you print the completed form for mailing. USCIS rejects any unsigned Form I-824. Having to return it to you for a signature will delay processing of your application.
Be sure to enter your receipt number on Form I-824, in Part 3, Other Information, Item Number 1.b.
This page can be found at http://www.uscis.gov/i-824