I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition
Use this form to request further action on a previously approved application or petition.
Number of Pages
Form 7; instructions 10.
11/01/17. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.
Where to File
For applicants filing with USCIS:
- File this form with the correct USCIS Lockbox facility. You can find a complete list of filing addresses on our website. Exception: If you are filing Form I-824 with another USCIS form, mail your Form I-824 according to the filing instructions of the other form.
- Read important filing tips, and additional information on our Lockbox Filing Tips webpage.
- We will not process Form I-824 if your petition or application is still pending or has been denied.
- Do not use this form to verify the status of a pending petition or application.
For applicants filing with CBP:
- File this form at a designated CBP land border port of entry, a CBP preclearance office listed at cbp.gov, or it mail to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Admissibility Review Office, at the address specified on the CBP website.
Filing Tips for Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition
Complete all sections of the form. We will reject the form if these fields are missing:
- Part 3 – Other Information
- Receipt Number (on Form I-797, Notice of Action)
Don’t forget to sign your form! We will reject any unsigned form.
$465. You may pay the fee with a money order, personal check, or cashier’s check. When filing at a USCIS Lockbox facility, you may also pay by credit card using Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. If you pay by check, you must make your check payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Please note that service centers are not able to process credit card payments.
E-Notification: If you want to receive an e-mail and/or text message that a USCIS Lockbox facility has accepted your Form I-824, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and attach it to the first page of your application.