I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition
Use this form to request additional action on a previously approved application or petition.
12/02/21. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.
Dates are listed in mm/dd/yy format.
If you need help downloading and printing forms, read our instructions.
For applicants filing with USCIS:
- File this form with the correct USCIS lockbox facility. You can find a complete list of filing addresses on our website. Exception: If you are filing Form I-824 with another USCIS form, mail your Form I-824 according to the filing instructions of the other form.
- Read important filing tips, and additional information on our Lockbox Filing Tips page.
- We will not process Form I-824 if your petition or application is still pending or has been denied.
- Do not use this form to verify the status of a pending petition or application.
For applicants filing with CBP:
We recommend that you contact a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)-designated port of entry where you intend to be processed before submitting your application. To find a CBP-designated port of entry, visit CBP’s website.
This application can also be mailed to the CBP Admissibility Review Office at:
CBP Admissibility Review Office
22685 Holiday Park Drive, Suite 10
Sterling, VA 20598-1234
Filing Tips for Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition
Complete all sections of the form. We will reject the form if these fields are missing:
- Part 3 – Other Information
- Receipt Number (on Form I-797, Notice of Action)
Don’t forget to sign your form. We will reject any unsigned form.
You may pay the fee with a money order, personal check, or cashier’s check. When filing at a USCIS lockbox facility, you may also pay by credit card using Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. If you pay by check, you must make your check payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
When you send a payment, you agree to pay for a government service. Filing and biometric service fees are final and non-refundable, regardless of any action we take on your application, petition, or request, or if you withdraw your request. Use our Fee Calculator to help determine your fee.
E-Notification: If you want to receive an e-mail and/or text message that we have accepted your Form I-824, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and attach it to the first page of your application.