I-864EZ, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act
To show that the applying immigrant has enough financial support to live without concern of becoming reliant on U.S. government welfare.
03/10/21. Starting April 19, 2021, we will only accept the 03/10/21 edition. Until then, you can also use the 10/15/19 edition. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.
Dates are listed in mm/dd/yy format.
Give the completed affidavit of support with all required documentation to the sponsored immigrant to file with either:
- a Consular Officer with a completed Form OF-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, or
- an Immigration Officer with a completed Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
Tips to ensure your forms are processed smoothly are available on our Lockbox Filing Tips webpage.
Additional Information for Completing Your Form:
Don’t forget to sign your form! We will reject any unsigned form.
There is no fee if the sponsored immigrant files this form with USCIS or abroad with the Department of State (DOS); however DOS does charge a fee if they file in the U.S. For more information, please visit the Department of State website.
Please do not submit this checklist with your Form I-864EZ. It is an optional tool to use as you prepare your form, but does not replace statutory, regulatory, and form instruction requirements. We recommend that you review these requirements before completing and submitting your form. Do not send original documents unless specifically requested in the form instructions or applicable regulations.
If you submit any documents (copies or original documents, if requested) in a foreign language, you must include a full English translation along with a certification from the translator verifying that the translation is complete and accurate, and that they are competent to translate from the foreign language to English.
Did you provide the following?
- Proof that you are a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident
- Your Internal Revenue Service (IRS) transcript or a copy of your federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax year. If you provide a copy, you must include a copy of every Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your return. If you believe additional returns may help you to establish your ability to maintain sufficient income, you may submit transcripts or photocopies of your federal individual income tax returns for the three most recent years.
- A typed or printed explanation, including evidence of the exemption and how you qualified for the exemption, if you were not required to file a federal income tax return under U.S. tax law for any other reason
Note on Fees: Although USCIS does not charge a fee for this form, the Department of State does charge a fee when the Affidavit of Support is reviewed domestically. This does not apply when the Affidavit of Support is filed abroad. For more information, please see the Department of State, Affidavit of Support Review Fee, in the Related Links of this page.