Success Stories from Grant Recipients
USCIS grant recipients have demonstrated impressive creativity and innovation to promote citizenship and immigrant assimilation in their local communities. These success stories feature best practices and tips to help enhance any program that provides the important work of immigrant assimilation undertaken by USCIS grant recipients throughout the country.
Getting Creative with Citizenship Instruction
Learn about creative ways to expand citizenship instruction.
- In-Home Citizenship Tutoring Program with the Kentucky Refugee Ministries in Lexington and Louisville, KY
- Citizenship Through Art with Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas in Overland Park, KS
- Learning About American Life with the Emerald Isle Immigration Center in New York, NY
- Walking Through History with the 1199SEIU in New York, NY
- Engaging Immigrant Teens with the Hartford Public Library in Hartford, CT
- Creating a Citizenship Class Website with Boat People SOS in Houston, TX
- Incorporating Mock Interviews in the Classroom with the Northern Manhattan Coalition for Immigrant Rights in New York, NY
- Recruiting Law School Student Volunteers to Help Citizenship Students at the International Institute of the Bay Area in San Francisco, CA
Let's Talk About It
Strike up a conversation to help your students improve their English speaking skills.
- Conversing with West Point Cadets in an English-Russian Cultural Exchange at the Shorefront YM-YWHA of Brighton Beach in Brooklyn, NY
- Preparing Students to Interact with the Government at the English Skills Learning Center in Salt Lake City, UT
- Improving English Skills by Talking on the Phone at the International Institute in St. Louis, MO
People in the United States have a strong tradition of volunteerism and engagement in American civic life. Encourage your students to volunteer.
- Planting the Spirit of Volunteerism in New Citizens at the Hope CommUnity Center in Apopka, FL
- Celebrating Citizenship with the Fresno Unified School District in Fresno, CA
Learn about innovative ways to support your students by offering additional services.