Learn About the Civics and Citizenship Toolkit
The Civics and Citizenship Toolkit is the perfect resource to help organizations start or build a citizenship education program for immigrants.
The Toolkit contains educational materials to help lawful permanent residents learn more about the United States and prepare for the naturalization process. Many of the products can also serve as supplemental teaching tools in a citizenship education class.
- One Toolkit is available to all eligible organizations. See the registration page for more details. Restrictions apply.
- Please make sure to enter the correct address on the registration form to ensure toolkit delivery of eligible requests.
Each Toolkit comes with the following items.
- Welcome to the United States: A Guide for New Immigrants (PDF, 3.57 MB)contains essential settlement information for new immigrants to the United States. The Spanish version of the guide (PDF, 3.79 MB) is also included in the Toolkit.
- Civics Flash Cards for the Naturalization Test (PDF, 3.6 MB) are easy-to-use flash cards containing the civics questions and answers on the naturalization test.
- Preparing for the Naturalization Test: A Pocket Study Guide (PDF, 411.21 KB) contains the list of civics questions and answers for the naturalization test as well as the English reading and writing vocabulary. The Spanish version of the pocket guide (PDF, 409.31 KB) is also included in the Toolkit.
- The Citizen's Almanac (PDF, 8.53 MB) highlights prominent foreign-born Americans, presidential quotes on citizenship, patriotic songs and poems, and several of our essential founding documents.
- The USCIS Adult Citizenship Education Program Development Guide: Building an Adult Citizenship Program (PDF, 8.19 MB) provides a step-by-step process to create or maintain a high-quality adult citizenship education program.
- This publication is a pocket-size version of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution of the United States (PDF, 724.86 KB), America's founding documents.
- This poster can be prominently displayed to advertise the availability of the Civics and Citizenship Toolkit. This is not available for download.