I-600A, Application for Advance Processing of an Orphan Petition
- Form I-600A (PDF, 525 KB)
- Instructions for Form I-600A (PDF, 347 KB)
- Supplement 1 for Form I-600 and I-600A (PDF, 402 KB)
- Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (PDF, 240 KB)
Purpose of Form
This form is used by a U.S. citizen who plans to adopt a foreign-born child and enables USCIS to adjudicate the application that relates to the suitability and eligibility of the applicant(s) as prospective adoptive parent(s).
Number of Pages
Form 12; Instructions 14.
02/01/15. No previous editions accepted.
Where to File
See the Filing Addresses for Form I-600A, Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition for information on where to file.
Additional Information for Completing Your Form:
If you submit Form I-600A Supplement 1 on paper: Be sure to sign the form at the applicable Signature areas. The fillable version of Form I-600A Supplement 1 now includes “Don’t forget to sign!” messages and an arrow pointing to the signature box as reminders for when you print the completed form for mailing. USCIS rejects any unsigned Form I-600A Supplement 1. Having to return it to you for a signature will delay processing of your application.
The filing fee for Form I-600A is $720. An additional biometric services fee of $85 is required for each adult member of the household. USCIS will inform a person residing abroad if he or she must pay a USCIS biometric services fee.
Form M-760, Orphan Home Study Tip Sheet, provides prospective adoptive parents and adoption service providers with helpful tips for preparing home studies for orphan adoptions that are not subject to the Intercountry Adoption Universal Accreditation Act of 2012 (UAA). Form M-738, Hague Processing Tip Sheet, provides helpful tips for preparing home studies for orphan adoptions that need to comply with the UAA. Please visit our Web page on the Universal Accreditation Act for more information.
- You must complete Form I-600A/Form I-600, Supplement 1, Listing of Adult Member of the Household, for each adult member of your household. You do not need to complete one for yourself or your spouse (if married).
- Please see the instructions for Form I-600A for details.
If filing at a USCIS Lockbox facility:
- We recommend reading our Lockbox Filing Tips.
- If you want to receive an e-Notification when your Form I-600A has been accepted, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and clip it to the first application in the package.
This page can be found at https://www.uscis.gov/i-600a