I-600A, Application for Advance Processing of an Orphan Petition
- Form I-600A (PDF, 531 KB)
- Instructions for Form I-600A (PDF, 356 KB)
- Supplement 1 for Form I-600 and I-600A (PDF, 405 KB)
- Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (PDF, 238 KB)
Purpose of Form
U.S. citizens who plan to adopt a foreign-born child use this form to allow USCIS to adjudicate the application that relates to the suitability and eligibility of the applicant(s) as prospective adoptive parent(s).
Number of Pages
Form 12; instructions 14.
12/23/16. No previous editions accepted. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.
Where to File
See the Filing Addresses for Form I-600A, Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition webpage for information on where to file. If you file at a Lockbox, read our filing tips.
Filing Tips for Form I-600A, Application for Advance Processing of an Orphan Petition
Complete all sections of the form. We will reject the form if these fields are missing:
- Part 1 – Information About You (Applicant)
- Family Name
- U.S. Mailing Address
- Part 5 – Applicant’s Statement, Contact Information, Certification, and Signature
- Applicant’s Signature
- Part 6– Applicant’s Duty of Disclosure
- Applicant’s Signature
- Part 7– Your Spouse’s Statement, Contact Information, Certification, and Signature
- Spouse’s Signature
- Part 8– Your Spouse’s Duty of Disclosure
- Your Spouse’s Signature
Don’t forget to sign your form! We will reject any unsigned form.
The filing fee for Form I-600A is $775. An additional biometric services fee of $85 is required for each adult member of the household. USCIS will inform a person residing abroad if they must pay a USCIS biometric services fee.
You may pay the fee with a money order, personal check, cashier’s check, or credit card using Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. If you pay by check, you must make your check payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Form M-760, Orphan Home Study Tip Sheet for Adoption Service Providers and Prospective Adoptive Parents (Non-Hague) (PDF, 43 KB), provides prospective adoptive parents and adoption service providers with helpful tips for preparing home studies for orphan adoptions that are not subject to the Intercountry Adoption Universal Accreditation Act of 2012 (UAA). Form M-738, Hague Home Study Tip Sheet For Adoption Service Providers and Prospective Adoptive Parents (PDF, 184 KB), provides helpful tips for preparing home studies for orphan adoptions that need to comply with the UAA. Please visit our webpage on the UAA for more information.
- You must complete Form I-600A/Form I-600, Supplement 1, Listing of Adult Member of the Household, for each adult member of your household. You do not need to complete one for yourself or your spouse (if married).
- Please see the instructions for Form I-600A (PDF, 356 KB) for details.
E-Notification: If you want to receive an e-notification when your Form I-600A has been accepted, complete Form G-1145, e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance, and clip it to the first application in the package.