USCIS Adoption Contact Information
Processing and adjudicating intercountry adoption applications and petitions is one of USCIS’ top priorities. We process most cases at our National Benefits Center (NBC). Whether you are a prospective adoptive parent, an adoption service provider (ASP), or an attorney or accredited representative, a dedicated team is available to assist you during this process.
Please note that ASPs must have a privacy disclosure on file for us to discuss case-specific information. Please see the relevant privacy supplement for the orphan or Hague process. Attorneys or accredited representatives must have a Form G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Accredited Representative (or Form G-28I, for international attorneys or accredited representatives) on file.
You may contact the NBC Adoptions Unit for help with your case if you have already filed any of the following forms (or their supplements) with USCIS and have a case number that begins with SIM:
- Form I-600A, Application for Advance Processing of an Orphan Petition;
- Form I-600, Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative;
- Form I-800A, Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country; or
- Form I-800, Petition to Classify Convention Adoptee as an Immediate Relative.
You, your ASP, or an attorney or accredited representative may email the NBC at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at 877-424-8374 (within the United States), 913-275-5480 (outside the United States). If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability, please dial 711 to access telecommunications relay services. The call center is staffed Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Central).
Mailing address for certain Form I-600A-related requests for action only:
To file a Form I-600A extension request, change of country request, or request for an updated approval notice due to a significant change, please submit your written request and any additional required information to:
National Benefits Center
Department of Homeland Security
PO Box 25920
Overland Park, KS 66225
- If you filed a Form I-600 with a U.S. embassy or consulate, please contact them directly for case status information.
- If you filed an adoption-based Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, you may use our online case tools or contact the USCIS Contact Center.
- If you are an adult adoptee, you may wish to visit our Adult Adoptees and U.S. Citizenship webpage, or contact the USCIS Contact Center.
- If you have a non-case-specific question or feedback on USCIS adoption processes, you may email email@example.com.
You may ask USCIS to expedite the adjudication of your case. Expedite requests must meet one or more of the USCIS expedite criteria or circumstances. For more information about USCIS expedite criteria, visit our How to Make an Expedite Request webpage.
You may request an expedite on an adoption-related application or petition as outlined below.
|If you have a pending||Then|
Form I-800A, Supplement 3 (PDF, 127.25 KB);
with the USCIS National Benefits Center (NBC)
Contact the NBC:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or
call 877-424-8374 (within the United States), 913-275-5480 (outside the United States). If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability, please dial 711 to access telecommunications relay services.
Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, with USCIS
Contact the USCIS Contact Center
Form I-600 with the Department of State
Contact the relevant U.S. embassy or consulate