USCIS Adoption Contact Information
Processing and adjudicating intercountry adoption applications and petitions is one of USCIS’ top priorities. We process most cases at the USCIS National Benefits Center (NBC), which has a dedicated team available to assist you during this process.
You can reach the NBC Adoptions Unit by:
Calling 877-424-8374 (domestic callers), TTY (800) 877-8339, or 913-275-5480 (international callers).
- The call center is staffed Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Central).
Emailing the NBC at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have already filed any of the following forms, have a case number that begins with SIM, and need assistance with your case:
- Form I-600A, Application for Advance Processing of an Orphan Petition
- Form I-600, Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative
- Form I-800A, Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country
- Form I-800, Petition to Classify Convention Adoptee as an Immediate Relative
If you filed a Form I-600A or Form I-600 with a USCIS Office abroad or a Form I-600 with a Department of State Embassy or Consulate, please contact them directly for case status information.