USCIS Adoption Contact Information

The processing and adjudication of intercountry adoption applications and petitions is one of the top priorities for USCIS. The majority of cases are processed at the National Benefits Center (NBC), which has dedicated teams available to assist you during this process.

You can reach us by:

  • Calling 877-424-8374 (domestic callers), TTY (800) 877-8339 or 913-275-5480 (international callers).
    • The call center is staffed Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Central).
    • We can answer questions about cases involving children from Hague Adoption Convention countries and non-Hague Adoption Convention countries.
  • Sending a fax to the NBC at 913-214-5808.
  • Emailing the NBC mailbox listed below.

If you have already filed any of the following forms, have a case number that begins with SIM, and need assistance with your case, you may send an email to

  • Form I-600, Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative
  • Form I-600A, Application for Advance Processing of an Orphan Petition
  • Form I-800, Petition to Classify Convention Adoptee as an Immediate Relative
  • Form I-800A, Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country

If you filed a Form I-600A or Form I-600 with a USCIS Office abroad or a Form I-600 with a Department of State Embassy or Consulate, please contact them directly for case status information.

Last Reviewed/Updated: