I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
- I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (PDF, 481 KB)
- Instructions for I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (PDF, 459 KB)
- Form I-765 (MUST be filed with your Form I-821D) (PDF, 611 KB)
- Instructions for Form I-765 (PDF, 163 KB)
- I-765 Worksheet (PDF, 237 KB)
- Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (PDF, 240 KB)
Purpose of Form
To request that USCIS consider granting or renewing deferred action, on a case-by-case basis, based on guidelines described in the Secretary of Homeland Security's memorandum issued June 15, 2012. Deferred action is a discretionary determination to defer removal action of an individual as an act of prosecutorial discretion. Individuals who receive deferred action will not be placed into removal proceedings or removed from the United States for a specified period of time. Individuals filing Form I-821D must also file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, and Form I-765WS, Form I-765 Worksheet.
Number of Pages
Form 7; Instructions 14.
06/04/14. A new edition of this form is coming soon. In the meantime, customers may file using the 06/04/14 edition. We will not accept previous editions. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the Form and Instructions.
Where to File
Where you file depends on your state of residence; check our Filing Addresses for Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals for the correct mailing address.
Additional Information for Completing Your Form:
If you submit Form I-821D on paper: Be sure to sign the form at Part 5, Item Number 2.a., Requestor’s Signature. The fillable version of Form I-821D now includes “Don’t forget to sign!” messages and an arrow pointing to the signature box as reminders for when you print the completed form for mailing. USCIS rejects any unsigned Form I-821D. Having to return it to you for a signature will delay processing of your request.
The fee to request consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals, including employment authorization and biometric services, is $465 and cannot be waived.
Since you will file your forms at a USCIS Lockbox facility:
- We recommend reading our Lockbox Filing Tips.
- To receive an e-Notification when your forms have been accepted, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and clip it to the front of the Form I-821D.
To ensure your request is accepted for processing:
- Sign the forms.
- Submit the correct fees.
- Send the documentation required by the form instructions.
- Ensure you complete these required form fields:
- Form I-821D:
- Family Name
- Date of Birth
- Initial Request or Renewal Request
- Expiration date of most recent period of DACA (renewals only)
- A-Number (renewals only)
- Form I-765:
- Date of Birth
- Eligibility Category
- Complete Form I-765WS.
This page can be found at https://www.uscis.gov/I-821D