N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322

Children who regularly reside in a foreign country may use this form to claim U.S. citizenship based on their parents.

Number of Pages

Form 13; instructions 16.

Edition Date

02/13/17.  A new edition of this form is coming soon. In the meantime, you may file using the 02/13/17 edition. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.

Where to File

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):
P.O. Box 20100
Phoenix, AZ 85036

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:
Attn: Form N-600K
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85034

IMPORTANT: Effective June 12, 2017, if you are filing an N-600K application for a child of a U.S. service member stationed overseas, use the addresses above.

Filing Tips for Form N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322

  • Complete all sections of the form. We will reject the form if these fields are missing:
    • Part 1 – Information About the Child’s Eligibility
    • Check only ONE box in Part 1. If you check multiple boxes in Part 1, we will reject and return your form.
  • Don’t forget to sign your form! We will reject any unsigned form.

Filing Fee

$1,170.  You may pay the fee with a money order, personal check, or cashier’s check.  When filing at a USCIS Lockbox facility, you may also pay by credit card using Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. If you pay by check, you must make your check payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Please note that service centers are not able to process credit card payments.

Read our Paying Immigration Fees page for information on how to pay the fee.

Checklist of Required Initial Evidence (for informational purposes only) 

Please do not submit this checklist with your Form N-600K. It is an optional tool to use as you prepare your form, but does not replace statutory, regulatory, and form instruction requirements. We recommend that you review these requirements before completing and submitting your form. Do not send original documents unless specifically requested in the form instructions or applicable regulations.

If you submit any documents (copies or original documents, if requested) in a foreign language, you must include a full English translation along with a certification from the translator verifying that the translation is complete and accurate, and that they are competent to translate from the foreign language to English.

Did you provide the following required documents?

  • Two passport-style photographs of the child
  • The child’s birth certificate or record
  • The U.S. citizen parent’s birth certificate or record
  • Proof of required physical presence in the United States for the U.S. citizen parent (or grandparent if parent does not meet the requirement) 
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship for the qualifying parent (and grandparent if applicable)

If applicable, did you provide the following documents?

  • The U.S. citizen parent’s marriage certificate 
  • Evidence the U.S. citizen parent terminated any prior marriage(s)
  • Proof of legitimation for children born out of wedlock if applying based on citizenship of father 
  • Evidence of legal guardianship 
  • Proof of legal custody (only required for applicants whose parents divorced and/or legally separated and for applicants who are adopted)
  • Proof of physical custody
  • Copy of your Form I-600 or Form I-800 approval notice and supporting documentation, (except home study) or evidence the U.S. citizen parent has complied with the two-year legal custody and joint residence requirement 
  • Copy of the full, final adoption decree 
  • Evidence of all legal name changes 
  • Explanation and secondary evidence if any requested document is unavailable

Special Instructions

E-Notification: If you are filing your Form N-600K at one of the USCIS Lockbox facilities and want to receive an email and/or text message we accept your form, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance, and clip it to the first page of your application.

Attorney or representative: You may be represented, at no expense to the U.S. government, by an attorney or other duly authorized representative. Your representative must submit Form G-28, Notice of Entry or Appearance as Attorney or Representative, with your Form N-600K. Your representative may also submit Form G-28 at the time of your interview.

Related Links

Last Reviewed/Updated: