N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322
- Form N-600K (PDF, 211 KB)
- Instructions for Form N-600K (PDF, 209 KB)
- Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (PDF, 240 KB)
Purpose of Form
For a child who regularly resides in a foreign country to claim U.S. citizenship based on the child's parents.
Number of Pages
Form 8; Instructions 9.
05/03/13. A new edition of this form is coming soon. In the meantime, customers may file using the 05/03/13 edition. No previous editions accepted.
Where to File
P.O. Box 20100
Phoenix, AZ 85036
To submit an N-600K via express mail or courier deliveries, use the following address:
Attn: Form N-600K
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Phoenix, AZ 85034
E-Notification: If you are filing your Form N-600K at one of the USCIS Lockbox facilities, you may elect to receive an email and/or text message notifying you that your application has been accepted. You must complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance, and clip it to the first page of your application in order to receive the notification. To download a copy of Form G-1145, including the instructions, click on the link at the top of the page.
IMPORTANT: If you are filing an N-600K application for a child of a member of the U.S. armed forces stationed overseas, use the following address:
Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 87426
Lincoln, NE 68501-7426
If you are filing an N-600K application via express mail or courier delivery for a child of a member of the U.S. armed forces stationed overseas, use the following address:
Nebraska Service Center
850 S Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
Additional Information for Completing Your Form:
If you submit Form N-600K on paper: Be sure to sign the form at Part 8, Your Signature. The fillable version of Form N-600K now includes “Don’t forget to sign!” messages and an arrow pointing to the signature box as reminders for when you print the completed form for mailing. USCIS rejects any unsigned Form N-600K. Having to return it to you for a signature will delay processing of your application.
$600. ($550 if filing for an adopted child, see form instructions for additional information.)
When Completing Form N-600K: Avoid These Mistakes to Prevent Rejection
Part 1, Information About Your Eligibility:
- Check only ONE box in Part 1. If you check multiple boxes in Part 1, USCIS will reject your Form N-600K and return it to you for correction and re-filing.
Part 8, Signature
- Part 8 must be signed. If there is no signature, USCIS will reject your form N-600K and return it to you for correction and re-filing. If you are a parent, grandparent or legal guardian completing Form N-600K on behalf of a child who is under 18 years of age, then you must sign in Part 8.
- The person who completes Form N-600K for an applicant is required to complete and sign the designated section in Part 9, "Signature of person who prepared this form for you."
Photo requirements: See the Form N-600K instructions for detailed information.
Notes on Filing Fees:
- Checks should be made payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Adopted Children: The fee for Form N-600K is $600, except for U.S. citizen parents requesting a Certificate of Citizenship for an adopted child. For U.S. citizen parents filing on behalf of an adopted minor child under Section 322 of the INA, the fee is $550.
Attorney or representative: You may be represented, at no expense to the U.S. government, by an attorney or other duly authorized representative. Your representative must submit Form G-28, Notice of Entry or Appearance as Attorney or Representative, with your Form N-600K. Your representative may also submit Form G-28 at the time of your interview.
This page can be found at http://www.uscis.gov/n-600k